BriskHeat Self Regulating Heat Cable Catalog [PDF]
PDF files with installation instruction.
BriskHeat Self Regulating Heat Cable Installation [PDF]
- Continuous maintenance temperature: 150°F (66°C) maximum
- Intermittent exposure temperature: 185°F (85°C) maximum; -20°F (-29°C) minimum
- 3, 5, 8, or 10 watts/ft (10, 16, 26, or 33 watts/m)
- Supply voltages: 110 – 120VAC or 208 – 277VAC
- Moisture, chemical, and flame resistant
- 16AWG bus wires
- Braid resistance:
- Tinned copper: 0.003 ohms/ft (0.009 ohms/m)
- Stainless steel: 0.125 ohms/ft (0.410 ohms/m)
- T6: 3, 5, and 8 watts/ft (10, 16, and 26 watts/m)
- T5: 10 watts/ft (33 watts/m)
- ** Electrical equipment T-rating codes define the maximum surface temperature that
equipment will reach. It is used in hazardous (classified) area applications.
|Product Type||Description||Dimensions||Shipping weight per 100-feet
|SLCAB-BP||Tinned Copper Metal Braid with Thermoplastic Elastomer Overjacket||0.3″ x 0.6″
(7mm x 15mm)
|9.6 lb.||For use in weak chemical environments (i.e. weak acids)|
Maximum Circuit Length in Feet per Circuit Breaker Size
|Heat Cable Type||Circuit Breaker Size||Start-up Temperature|
|50oF (10oC)||0oF (-20oC)||-20oF (-29oC)|
Note: Special consideration must be given for the circuit breaker due to the high initial in-rush currents.